Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest universities on the West Coast. The university was established in the Seattle region nearly a decade after the city’s founding, to aid in the city’s economic development. It is considered as one of the best public universities to study in the Seattle area. Due to its research capabilities, the University of Washington is a member of the Association of American Universities. If you also want to be a part of Washington University and want to know more about this university then read our full blog.
University of Washington
The University of Washington is a public research university in Seattle, Washington. The university’s 703-acre main campus is in the Puget Sound region of the University District, Pacific Northwest. In addition to the main campus, the university has two more campuses located in Bothell and Tacoma. The University of Washington is surrounded by more than 500 buildings, including more than 26 university libraries, the UW Tower, lecture halls, arts centers, museums, laboratories, stadiums, and convention centers.
It has secured 85th rank in the QS World Ranking of Best Colleges 2022. Every year more than 54,000 students take admission in the university. Not only this, the University of Washington is known for its medical, engineering and scientific research as well as its highly competitive computer science, law, architecture and business schools. So far, 21 Nobel Prize winners and several Pulitzer Prize winners have been alumnus of the University of Washington.
Why choose Washington University
Some of the reasons to choose the University of Washington are mentioned below:
Diversity: The University of Washington is renowned for its demographic, experiential and intellectual diversity of students. The university has 90% of its students from out-of-state, 65% of students who have traveled more than 500 miles to attend, students and faculty from 50 states and 80 different countries. The University of Washington values its student diversity, which enhances the student’s learning and experience.
All Rounder: The University of Washington educates its students in such a way that they can become all rounders and can make their mark in every field. The university has every facility that can enrich the students such as 350+ campus institutions, 10 student-run businesses, 19 divisions, 3 athletic teams, 70% of undergraduate students participate in community service.
1,500 Courses: The University of Washington offers more than 90 undergraduate students and a total of over 1,500 courses.
Acceptance Rate for the University of Washington
The University of Washington has an acceptance rate of 51.8% which means that approximately 52 applicants are selected out of every 100 applications. Thus it makes it quite selective. The University of Washington offers approximately 113 degrees at the UG level, 268 degrees at the PG level.
Eligibility for the University of Washington
- Below are the qualification wise courses offered at the University of Washington:
- For Bachelor degree program, students must have secured at least 50%-60% marks in 12th.
- If you want to apply for masters, you must have a bachelor’s degree of four years.
- If you want to apply for Ph.D, then you must have passed master’s degree in relevant courses.
- Must have a good IELTS/ TOEFL score in the English language.
- You must have a good GMAT/GRE score to enroll in a master’s degree at the University of Washington.
Application Process for the University of Washington
The application process for the University of Washington is detailed below:
- Register at the official website of the University of Washington. From here you will get the User ID and Password.
- Sign in with User ID and select the course you want to choose.
- In the next step, fill in your educational details. Fill in the details like IELTS, TOEFL Entrance Exam Score, SOP, LOR along with your educational qualification.
- Fill the job details of previous years.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Finally submit the application form.
The following documents are required to take admission in the University of Washington:
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- passport size photo
- passport photocopy
- updated resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Marks
- letter of recommendation or LOR
- statement of purpose
For admission to the University of Washington, students must have a GPA of 3.7 and above. If you too want to be a part of the University of Washington and complete your studies from there, book a free 30 minute session with our Leverage Edu experts by calling 1800 572 000 today. They will also help you with the application process with proper guidance.